Palm Desert, CA–Recently, the North American Wholesale Lumber Association (NAWLA) hosted over 200 attendees for their 2023 Leadership Summit. The three-day program highlighted current trends, best practices and insights from industry leaders and provided attendees opportunities for peer-to-peer networking. This year’s education included key updates and presentations from those in the lumber, forest products, real estate and performance management industries.
Day 1 Sessions
• Mark Altman, Founder and Trainer at MindsetGo, provided simple and actionable strategies to improve managing, recruiting, retention, and engagement of a multi-generational workforce.
• Dwight Gibson, Former President and CEO of BlueLinx Co., explored the important role culture plays in creating an environment for success in the building material products industry.
• Anthony Smith, Chief Economist at Freightwaves, discussed trends in transportation that impact building material demand.
Day 2 Sessions
• Brian Menzies, Executive Director of the BC Independent Wood Processors Association, shared the issues facing the industry today among other issues facing the wood products sector in British Columbia.
• Brent Sohngen, Professor of Environmental and Resource Economics, Ohio State University and Will Sonnenfeld, Principal, WillSonn Advisory, LLC brought together ideas during a panel titled Carbon Offsets and Their Potential Impacts on Global Fiber Supply.
• Last but not least, Dr. Jessica Lautz, Vice President, Demographics and Behavioral Insights at the National Association of Realtors, shared top trends in real estate.
In addition to the robust education and open discussion, NAWLA’s annual event allows attendees to network with colleagues, peers and leaders while taking a break from the cold winter months. Registration for Leadership Summit opens near the end of each year so all those interested in attending should be on the lookout later this year.
Learn more at www.nawla.org.